Video of ‘ballot stuffing’ is not from a Flint, Mich. It’s from Russia.

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Video of ‘ballot stuffing’ is not from a Flint, Mich. It’s from Russia.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      BeyondThunderdomeBeyondThunderdome
      Participant
      rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

I’ve never seen the video. Was it attached to an Orange affidavit?

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Participant

People from Flint look Russian. Or Russians look like people from Flint.

Rocky17Rocky17
      Participant

So who posted it?  I do not see any proof it was posted by a Trump campaign official. It appears you are condoning some idiot`s attempt to associate this garbage posted by an unknown individual with legitimate Trump campaign complaints about the election integrity.  Inappropriate and beneath dignity.

BeyondThunderdomeBeyondThunderdome
      Participant

It made the rounds on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. Here are just a few of many examples:

Example, Example, Example

The Twitter example has hundreds of thousands of views. According to AFR, one version of the video had more than a million views. Did Trump himself retweet it? I don’t think so. But it’s exactly the kind of thing that has gone viral in right wing circles. Just one of the examples above shows hundreds of “shares”. The Facebook example is to a group with 5,000 members. I could go down endless rabbit holes following all the retweets and shares.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

Your suggestion that this went “viral” on Twitter & Facebook suggest to me your straw man about a right wing audience is crap.

If it were associated with that crowd the companies would have blocked it or attached a disclaimer. They are censoring everything to do with compromised election results.

More likely you got it from some lefty thread.

Genuine RealistGenuine Realist
      Participant

Lefty thread or not, there is not one case that Trump has filed that has made it beyond the allegation stage. Over and over and over these insinuations of major fraud turn out to be ridiculously overblown overhyped rumor.

Thus, the Arizona lawyers withdrew any claims of fraud. They wanted the record sealed so that the public wouldn’t know how absurdly small the number of contested ballots actually was. No such luck.

The guy who claimed that 24,000 ballots were harvested in Pennsylvania? Turns out he never saw anything, overheard a couple of supervisors talking.

All those miscounted votes with bad addresses? He hasn’t been able to produce any.

And on and on and on. Everywhere that Trump has been asked to put his money where his mouth is. . .  he isn’t got no money. Only mouth.

Plus none of you who believe this nonsense ever wonder what happened to the thousands of forgers and office workers it would take to pull off a fraud of the magnitude suggested.

But you will keep believing, won’t you?

Look. American elections are not conducted by a cadre of civil servants, but by volunteers from the community at large. You may know a couple. I sure do . They have politics, of course, but they are mostly salt-of-the-earth types interested in performing a thankless civic duty. This was a difficult election because of covid. But they pulled it off splendidly

It is also one thing to test the validity of ballots after an unusual election. It is quite another to keep shouting ‘foul’ after they have been tested, and it’s come to nothing.  Donald Trump is coming perilously close to going the Aaron Burr route.

(Rocky can now go back to snapping up every bit of speculation from the most rancid right wing sites, like a trained seal snapping up dried fish, and disregarding any reality that interferes with his preconceptions.)

I wouldn't give you two cents for all your fancy rules if, behind them, they didn't have a little bit of plain, ordinary, everyday kindness - yeah, and a little looking out for the other fella, too.

Participant

For a former prosecutor you seem to have no nose for 5 day old fish in the refridgerator.  Personally I’d be more willing to look the other way if the history of the last 4 years had be reasonably clean.  But it was rotten to the core perpetrated by one party.  Let’s be reasonable and keep that in mind.

Some thoughts.

1.  There is no fraud in states like mine where you have strict rules about voter identification, deadlines, absentee ballots and so on.  That set of states is probably most states save 10 or so..  I trust the voting in my state completely.  I don’t trust the numbers coming out of a handful of states  with big city machines with a history of voting fraud.
        2. Requiring a positive ID is not voter suppression.
        3. My understanding of what I have read about Scorecard it that the program had been set to trigger at no more than 3% of the vote. You get upper boundaries and lower boundaries in the program that are very tight.  So if you have a ward that counts 600 votes, the maximum number of votes moved according to the program would be 1 to 18 votes according to the capability of the program.  Are 1 or 2 votes going to jump out at you in chain of custody audit?  Let’s say 7 million votes cast in PA and 1% switched?  70,000 votes over 3000 wards?  Enough to change the outcome. Throw in mail in votes with deadlines long after election day and it all becomes unreliable.
        4. Mitt Romney did not receive 1 vote in 59 precincts in Philadelphia in 2012. “Experts say no problem”
        5. Nationally in 2008 there were 180,000 precincts nationally with more than 10 votes cast and Obama shut out McCain in 477.  McCain shut Obama out in 52.
        6. In Ohio in 2012 Obama won 27 precincts with no votes for Romney.  One precinct was 599-1.  That year there were 2 precincts where Obama got no votes.
        7. In Cuyahoga county in 2012, Obama ran up a 6354 margin in 19 precincts to zero votes for Romney.
        8. It’s not about who votes.  It’s about who counts.

“Experts” see nothing unusual with any of this.  I disagree.Between you and I and the Lamppost I think Republicans are complicit too.  Based on my nose.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by AvatarNeodymium60.
        • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by AvatarNeodymium60.
          rjnwmillrjnwmill
          Participant

I’d be inclined to invest with your nose. I agree with the nostril that says the stench of fraud in the 2020 cycle is powerful. I also agree with the nostril that asserts that both sides stink. Morality and fair play are orphans.

It’ll be fun to see if the GA legislature establishes new rules for the Senate  run off contests. Republicans have a 35-21 majority in the State Senate, a 103-75 majority in the State House of Representatives & they hold the governorship…although Stacey Abrams seemed to be calling the shots re election rules for the November election.

Rocky17Rocky17
      Participant
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.