11 million Democratic voters, coming right up

Homepage Forums Current Events Board 11 million Democratic voters, coming right up

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Biden to offer immediate legal status to 11 million illegal aliens:

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-politics-legislation-immigration-barack-obama-5274d5912b062989cc4f2856f3741cd6

Of course…it’s probably closer to 22 million and perhaps as high as 34 million, according to Yale and MIT:

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/yale-study-finds-twice-as-many-undocumented-immigrants-as-previous-estimates

Genuine RealistGenuine Realist
      Participant

I’ll pass on the wisdom of the immigration policy.

But if the Democrats believe that this segment are destined to be Democratic voters, they’re delusional. Immigrants of this type are far more likely to appreciate the traditional institutions of this country,

It’s only in the second, third, and fourth generations that they become complacent enough to be cynical.

I wouldn't give you two cents for all your fancy rules if, behind them, they didn't have a little bit of plain, ordinary, everyday kindness - yeah, and a little looking out for the other fella, too.

Participant

I think foreign-born immigrants are between five and six times more likely to vote Democrat than Republican:

Are unauthorized immigrants overwhelmingly Democrats?

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Reminds me of a friend of mine who emigrated from Israel in the 1970s after fighting in one of the wars.   He’s a very successful businessman in southern California now (kinda fits the profile of former IDF officer who came to the U.S. and kicked ass).  He said that it was extremely confusing as an immigrant when he got here to ever think that anyone wouldn’t be a member of the party of “democracy.”

“It’s right there in the name…Democrat…Democracy.”

…took him a few years to figure it out, I think.  And he’s extremely bright.

Participant

[quote quote=4201]Reminds me of a friend of mine who emigrated from Israel in the 1970s after fighting in one of the wars. He’s a very successful businessman in southern California now (kinda fits the profile of former IDF officer who came to the U.S. and kicked ass). He said that it was extremely confusing as an immigrant when he got here to ever think that anyone wouldn’t be a member of the party of “democracy.” “It’s right there in the name…Democrat…Democracy.” …took him a few years to figure it out, I think. And he’s extremely bright.[/quote]

Good heavens, let’s hope they never rebrand themselves as “The Party of Free Stuff”.

Participant

To me a path to citizenship is different than giving it to them outright. As to how they vote, it won’t matter if we don’t fix the charade of a voting system we have now.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.