Former NPR senior editor says NPR went WAY too left

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Former NPR senior editor says NPR went WAY too left

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mick1Mick1
      Participant

Says NPR has lost conservatives, moderates and even traditional liberals. Says they tried to damage or topple the Trump presidency (duh). They interviewed Schiff 25 times about Trump and Russia, and repeated Schiff’s “evidence of collusion” which never materialized. And when the Mueller report found no evidence of conclusion, NPR soft-pedaled it, didn’t apologize for the massive intelligence failure, nor did they ding Schiff for repeated lying.

His quote: “It’s one thing to swing and miss on a major story…What’s worse is to pretend it never happened, to move on with no mea culpas, no self-reflection…that’s what shatters trust and engenders cynicism about the media.”

Among other things, he said they should have:

1. Not dismissed the Hunter Biden laptop
      2. Not believed the Trump/Russia bullshit
      3. Reported on the origin of the COVID pandemic and the Wuhan lab leak.
      4. Reported on George Floyd, not tried to be the agent of racist change, per their CEO.
      5. Not allowed affinity groups to dictate so much; e.g., race and identity become paramount in every aspect of the workplace.

In short, says the author, there is no longer diversity of viewpoints.

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how-npr-lost-americas-trust

Audaces fortuna iuvat

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

Your tax dollars at work. . . .

Not surprised one bit about this, nor that NPR is refuting the allegations and praising the work their team does.

Participant

Well, finally someone calling out a media outlet for its overt bias. (At least someone not named Trump and someone that is definitely not a MAGA guy.)

What is amazing to me (and proof MSM is in the liberal bag) is the absolute silence about Schiff.  Mr. Irrefutable Proof that Trump colluded with the Russians.  The guy is running for US Senate, and not a peep from MSM about his lynch mob mentality in going after Trump.

I just shake my head.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.