Half of Republican men say they don’t want the vaccine.

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Half of Republican men say they don’t want the vaccine.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      BeyondThunderdomeBeyondThunderdome
      Participant

Sad, but not surprising

In related news, Trump, while still President, got his vaccination in secret:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-vaccine-president-jonathan-reiner-b1810828.html

I remember him mocking Biden for wearing a mask, driving around while sick with COVID and being pumped full of drugs, suggesting it was no big deal, and then he secretly got vaccinated.

When the leader of the Republican Party acts like this, it’s no coincidence that Republicans are skeptical.

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Don’t kid yourself. Plenty of dem demographics are vax skeptics as well. Targeted news stories don’t change that.

Trump was damned if he did, damned if he didn’t. If he publicized, he was putting himself at front of the line and stealing vaccine from folks who hadn’t already had Covid. If he didn’t, he was acting in secret.

Was trump a vaccine skeptic in public? I don’t remember that.  His admin certainly has been vindicated by pushing the vax thread hard.  Biden won’t even say much because he know he inherited a gift.

Participant

Was visiting with two highly educated people yesterday and very liberal as are their circle of their friends in liberal friendly Mass.    My wife and I have had our vaccines.  The topic of vaccines came up and they went into great detail and to why they don’t plan to get the vaccine for the time being as well as many of their friends.

My understanding of science is that it is through skepticism that you get to the truth.  The burden of truth is on those asserting a positive claim.  The author of the LA Times hit piece, Doyle McManus, seems not to understand one iota of the classic liberal view that embracing opposing ideas is the way to understanding.  In the case of getting vaxed for anything there is no warranty on what Dr Fauci or Bill Gates says is the truth. For the time being you get to make your own call.

johnnyo53johnnyo53
      Participant

What a bunch of pussies.  My 92 year old dad and I have both completed rounds 1 and 2 of Pfizer. I’ve got chunks of scared peeps in my stool.  This whole country has become a nation of Frenchmen, with the possible exception of the Red States.  Watch the Jemes Brown biopic on Netflix. Suck it up gurls…

“I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I

Participant

Legend, I don’t think was damned if he did and damned if he didn’t. He was the President of the United States at the time and 74 years old. Nobody — not even the most strident liberal outlet — was going to fault him for line jumping. The guy spent a year trying to have it both ways: he did some things that were helpful and also went out of his way to not alienate his anti-mask, anti-vax base. That’s not leadership. It’s negligence. Leading from behind, as you all used to say about Obama…. Same behavior when the Capital was stormed. He waited hours to finally come out and issue some mealy-mouthed statement (I love you; please go home), while everyone was wondering where the hell he was… Same thing in Helsinki when he said he trusted Putin more than our intelligence leadership that he had appointed. He had to come out the next day and read from a prepared statement claiming that he had mistakenly used the word “would” when he had meant to say “wouldn’t”.

The fearless leader who supposedly tells it like it is actually won’t tell it like it is when it really counts.

Not to dwell on Trump, but the Rocky thread reminded me of the dear leader’s “fearless” leadership on COVID that had real consequences with people’s health. Blame Newsome and others too – I don’t care. But don’t pretend Trump was some beacon of light on this subject. He tried to have it both ways for a year and it cost many lives. More forceful communication from the leading Republican surely would have helped more Republicans and conservative news outlets from embracing conspiracies.

And, yes, I realize there are some Democrats who refuse to be vaccinated. But the disparity versus Republicans is not some statistical noise. It’s a massive difference. It’s a failure of conservative media and Republican leadership.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

“he did some things that were helpful and also went out of his way to not alienate his anti-mask, anti-vax base. That’s not leadership. It’s negligence. Leading from behind, as you all used to say about Obama…”

which are you, a fraudster, a carnival barker or a corporate media type?  Give it up. This is over.

He made a bet on therapeutics and preventatives. He accepted the personal risks to execute a strategic imperative that had never previously been done. He engaged with medical experts and management types continually. Served in the real clinical trial at Walter Reed, at 74, and survived.

It’s safer now. You can come out of your basement.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
        Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

With all of the mask mandates, lockdowns, school closures and the like, California still struggled mightily over the winter with a serious, serious outbreak. Why? Trump drove the vaccine bullet train, and thankfully that alone may get us out of the pandemic while all of Newsom’s histrionics did nothing.

Participant

You guys ( beyond ts)can’t let Trump go. You won. He s gone.
      I saw an interview of DT with Maria Bartiromo last week where he encouraged people to get the vaccine. Of course it as in his own inimatable inarticulate way. I chuckled.

Participant

gpn: Every President gets discussed for some period of time after they leave office because the issues they were handling are still relevant for some time. It was the same way with Obama. He was mentioned on the CEB frequently by you all for at least six months to a year after he left office. Same with Bush 8 years earlier.

And Trump is no doubt going to run again, so we’ll be talking about him plenty in the future, unfortunately.

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

I don’t mind that you are still evaluating trump, I just wish it would come with a hint of appreciation for what was accomplished on Covid vs what was said.  Everybody wants to focus on what trump said, but not what his admin did.  That is the tale of the tape. His rhetoric overwhelmed his actual substantive policy positions. On Covid, the mask and lockdown advocates have had their say, but it’s trump’s admin that is going to end up saving the day.  The agility shown over the Covid crisis is pretty impressive.  The production of ventilators. The facilitation of multiple vaccines globally.

it was all so good that nothing Biden has done has actually changed the Covid trajectory. And Biden knows it. Biden is a typical politician. Said 100 million vaccinated in 100 days when anybody good at math would have said that number was in the bag. Nothing big and audacious.

trump said a vaccine by year end and was scoffed at by the “science” believers.

trump is a grade a ass, but he wasn’t always wrong.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

Right you are. And the people spinning the narrative are frauds, carnival barkers and incompetents. And there is a years worth of media clips to confirm the assessment.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
        Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Participant

Speaking of frauds, carnival barkers and incompetents .  .  .

Sheryl Attkisson has actually tracked examples of the press and media violating fundamental standards of journalism related to their coverage of Trump over the last four years.  I suggest a google search or YouTube search and you should get a maddening, entertaining and eye-opening trip down memory lane.  Here’s a recent one (pretty long).

Participant

[quote quote=4508]I don’t mind that you are still evaluating trump, I just wish it would come with a hint of appreciation for what was accomplished on Covid vs what was said. Everybody wants to focus on what trump said, but not what his admin did. That is the tale of the tape. His rhetoric overwhelmed his actual substantive policy positions. On Covid, the mask and lockdown advocates have had their say, but it’s trump’s admin that is going to end up saving the day. The agility shown over the Covid crisis is pretty impressive. The production of ventilators. The facilitation of multiple vaccines globally. it was all so good that nothing Biden has done has actually changed the Covid trajectory. And Biden knows it. Biden is a typical politician. Said 100 million vaccinated in 100 days when anybody good at math would have said that number was in the bag. Nothing big and audacious. trump said a vaccine by year end and was scoffed at by the “science” believers. trump is a grade a ass, but he wasn’t always wrong.[/quote]

Biden’s SoS even acknowledged Trump was correct about China.  Who would guess THAT would ever happen……

johnnyo53johnnyo53
      Participant

I don’t expect libtards to ever give Trump credit for anything positive he did.  They’re all too busy blowing Obama and ignoring the reality of Biden.  That’s what mental illness does to some people.

“I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.