Per usual, Kamala Harris alienating staff

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Per usual, Kamala Harris alienating staff

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

As in her prior work lives, the future of the Democratic Party and current Vice President Kamala Harris is seeing droves of staff leave her employ.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-kamala-harris-staff-exodus-reignites-questions-about-her-leadership-style-e2-80-94-and-her-future-ambitions/ar-AARshLP

Thoroughly dislikeable on the campaign trail.  Thoroughly dislikeable in the office.  What a surprise.

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

Nothing to worry about. Mayor Pete is on his way to rescue the Dems. . . .

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Kamala Harris is a great example of failing up.  She has underperformed for years both externally (votes) and internally (her own staff).  Everybody knows this, yet she kept getting opportunities.

It’s a great example of how profile overtakes personality and results in some circles.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

Today was amusing. Harris offers thoughts on the nine wise souls, the decision in the Texas case & abortion generally. Feeding “her” base?  (Is that an oxymoron?)

Why would I care?  Shouldn’t we focus on her performance of her assigned duties?  How’s that border thing going Kamala?

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Participant

One thing I never understood about Kamala Harris.  She was Willie Brown’s girlfriend when she was in her late 20s and he was in his 60s (and married).  Herb Caen used to write about them regularly.  They saw each other for two years.

Willie Brown is very open about the fact that he gave her her first two political positions.  When pressed, he told a reporter “and I gave her a BMW, too.”

With all the #metoo noise, I’m surprised that no one took Harris to task.  Unlike the women demeaned and raped by Harvey Weinstein, Harris did the opposite.  She used sex, apparently, to gain political positions, to get close to a powerful man, and perhaps to acquire a fine German automobile.

So why aren’t women up in arms over Harris’s past?

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

Mick, you already know the answer to this. Republican women have pointed it out and are disgusted by her being portrayed as a role model. Democratic women, those that have the voices on most media and in politics, need her as a person of color and politician and therefore looked the other way, even to the point of putting her up as a model for America’s young women.

Ironically, it’s very similar to the Republicans needing Trump, and holding their nose while they voted for him. That said, few Republicans looked to the man as a role model. . . .

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Trump was never a role model or politician.  He was an executive hired to do a job and he got about half of it done (Good on the border, economy, and foreign policy, not bad on domestic policy in general including taxes and reinvestment…he was really not good on infrastructure and overall spending, and then snakebit by Covid).

Kamala is nothing if she’s not a role model or politician.  She has no executive history (not to mention success) to speak of, and can’t afford to be bad at politics.

And, anyone who looks at the way she rose to “power” and says “I hope my little girl does the same” is basically wishing their daughter in a life of prostitution.

“Here’s your one chance, Fancy, don’t let me down.”

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.