Reparations: Yes or No?

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Reparations: Yes or No?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Do you believe that a Federally-administered reparations program will actually commence within five years?  Within ten years?

https://dnyuz.com/2021/09/25/reparations-for-black-residents-are-becoming-a-local-issue-as-well-as-a-national-one/

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

I do not, but then again I can see the rationale to some degree.

If we are talking direct payments, the best approach to reparations would be to require direct payments from white, Latino, Asian, etc. people to specific African American families. It should be done in a way that there is visibility of who is paying and who is receiving. That way, when a poor Latino in tx has to contribute real $$$ to a black family living in a suburban community in DC on a civil servants salary and pension, we can see the lunacy of the policy.

There should be none of this government borrowing silliness, it should be today’s people paying today’s people, directly.  Can’t pay?  Have the government back the loan for the immediate payment and the Latina grandma stuck with the bill can pass that on to her kids.

The argument that somehow today’s people owe for the sins of yesterday’s people is an awfully regressive principle. It also presumes guilt, which is anti American.

If we are not talking direct payments, then I would include all aid programs disproportionately targeted to or accessed by slave descendants into account in the determination of future reparations.

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

No. Will it happen, probably. My ancestor was a POW, held by the Rebels. Will his heirs get reparations for his service and hardship?

Participant

No. Will it happen, probably. My ancestor was a POW, held by the Rebels. Will his heirs get reparations for his service and hardship?

Caucasians aren’t worthy, or so I’m told.

i thought the British official response to their 800 years of mistreating the Irish was illuminating.  Essentially the same as this:

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

Sorry.

Classic.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.