Reporter who broke Clinton tarmac story found dead

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Reporter who broke Clinton tarmac story found dead

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Suicide.  Only 45.   He had been receiving death threats lately.  Wife, kids, great career.

https://www.al.com/news/2021/06/christopher-sign-birmingham-tv-anchor-former-alabama-football-player-dead-in-apparent-suicide.html

Participant

Suicide.  Bullet wound to the back of his head.  Multiple stab wounds makes suicide the likely CoD.  🙁

Participant

This tragic story not in NYT which means what?  They don’t know it happened?

Participant

Just another unfortunate non-story of someone who stepped on a banana republic peel.  The NYT’s job is to minimize and make it absurd.   In this case to look away.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AvatarNeodymium60.
      LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Go figure. What a coincidence.

I don’t want to minimize the real pain of suicide on families and especially children.  So it’s an awful story.

But, wow.

Participant

Probably just a coincidence.  [wink]

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

Surprised Ghislaine (or whatever her name is) hasn’t figured out a way to off herself in custody like her boyfriend did.

Participant
      BeyondThunderdomeBeyondThunderdome
      Participant

So the death threats were five years ago, Hilary and Bill are essentially irrelevant now, the suicide investigation is being handled by local police — not the Feds, and yet people in this thread think there some grand conspiracy and that someone would murder this guy over things that are ancient history politically?

LegendLegend
        Keymaster

BT, so I take it you think it takes a “grand conspiracy” to call in a hit on an old grudge?  That’s some maximizing thought right there.

Ever heard of the adage “revenge is best served cold” ???

Just because it was ancient history to you doesn’t mean it was ancient history to everybody.

And, no, I’m not one who thinks there is some grand conspiracy around the Clintons.  I do think they happen to have a lot of unfortunate suicides around them, and particularly among people who wronged them.  Sometimes a coincidence is just that.

Participant

So the death threats were five years ago, Hilary and Bill are essentially irrelevant now, the suicide investigation is being handled by local police — not the Feds, and yet people in this thread think there some grand conspiracy and that someone would murder this guy over things that are ancient history politically?

I gather by your comment that you don’t feel that the Clintons have any future perils or run any legal or regulatory risk.  True?  They have nothing at risk now?  No potential legal issues or problems?  Trying to understand.

Participant

Just so we’re clear, it’s been 29 years since Bill Clinton left office and 8+ years since Hillary Clinton held office. And yet I get criticized if I dare invoke Trump’s name occasionally — a guy who left office less than six months ago and is still very relevant in politics.

Clinton Derangement Syndrome and Trump Sensitivity Syndrome on display.

Participant

Just so we’re clear, it’s been 29 years since Bill Clinton left office and 8+ years since Hillary Clinton held office. And yet I get criticized if I dare invoke Trump’s name occasionally — a guy who left office less than six months ago and is still very relevant in politics. Clinton Derangement Syndrome and Trump Sensitivity Syndrome on display.

I guess it’s still not clear.  29 years ago, George H. W. Bush was still President.  The 1992 Democratic convention had not yet been held.  Bill Clinton was 7 months away from taking office.  He wouldn’t leave office until eight years after that, so Slick Willie didn’t leave office until January, 2021 — so I think you meant 20.5 years ago.

Participant

Good catch. I was thinking of the beginning of his term, not the end. My bad. It’s only been two decades.

I promise to stop mentioning Trump 20 years from now instead of 29 years. You can hold me to that.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.