SEC Enforcement officer resigns after 2 weeks

Homepage Forums Current Events Board SEC Enforcement officer resigns after 2 weeks

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Two weeks into her appointment as the SEC’s enforcement chief,  Alex Oh was reprimanded by Judge Royce Lamberth over a class action suit by bunch of Indonesian villagers against Exxon when she was in private practice.  A group of progressives found her unsuitable as an over-zealous defender of Exxon’s interests so she quit. Not woke enough because she dared to represent Exxon.

Melissa Hodgeman  will become Acting Director of the Division of Enforcement.  She is the wife of Peter Strzok, the FBI agent who set up President Trump.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/28/sec-alex-oh-resignation-484955

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AvatarNeodymium60.
      LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Cancelled her ass, didn’t they?

She wasn’t woke enough BECAUSE she defended Exxon.

Participant

makes you wonder how Kamala kept her job, given her prosecutorial zeal?

Also, I’d idly wondered whether Strzok’s side squeeze Lisa Page ever apologized to his wife, Ms. Hodgeman.  Apparently not:

https://www.nny360.com/opinion/columns/christine-m-flowers-lisa-page-owes-an-apology-to-peter-strzok-s-wife/article_faa91aec-21cd-5cbb-b6db-111030f6b4dc.html

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

A group of progressives found her unsuitable as an over-zealous defender of Exxon’s interests so she quit. Not woke enough to represent a company like Exxon.”

I’m not much of a fan of the analogy defense, “look what they did, it’s so much worse”.  I mean which pig smells better in the slop?

But that doesn’t mean it can’t be amusing. These “progressives” are offended by the corporate camel entering the SEC Enforcement tent. Not much outrage however when George Gascon packs the Senior management of the LA DA’s office with ex public defenders?

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Participant

The Chinese camel is entering the SEC enforcement tent.  Chinese companies are rushing to list on US exchanges at a blistering pace.

Why wouldn’t they?  No recourse for consequences or committing fraud.  Half all all companies listed this year were Chinese.  (18) .  60 more are slated this year.

No risk environment.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

Half all all companies listed this year were Chinese.  (18) .  60 more are slated this year.”

I appreciate the information. Trump was prepared to compete and restricted product and capital market access to firms like Huawei.

This administration lowers capital costs for competitors without reciprocal benefits. And the beneficiaries here are private companies; Wall Street not the country.

How much damage can this administration do in four years?  Further, it isn’t at all clear to me that there are republicans with the balls to engage as Trump did. I fear they are all hat, no cattle.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.