Trump return in 2024?

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Trump return in 2024?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

That was the topic at the dinner table last night, whether Trump might return in 2024 and under what circumstances.  Even people who formerly supported him and acknowledged that he did some good things as President stated that he was his own worst enemy.

Dramatic moment Donald Trump storms off explosive Piers Morgan interview raging ‘you’re a DISLOYAL FOOL’ (the-sun.com)

He might even have had a chance, and would probably have been elected in 2020 if he wasn’t such a first-ballot Hall of Fame jerk.

johnnyo53johnnyo53
      Participant

He’s still better than any career politician out there. We were all better off under him despite the nonstop attempts to delegitimize his Presidency.  F the career politicians, they all suck, and the world and our quality of living has deteriorated since this senile fool was pushed into office by all the gutless fucks who switched over to vote against Trump.  I challenge any of you to tell me how life is better here or abroad under the fucktards and their leader Biden.

“I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

Mick, you have to acknowledge that John knows how to set a tone for a discussion. Was he at your dinner party?

Personally, the focus of the discussion was a bit myopic?  Discussing Trump didn’t work for McCauliff. It is a bit limiting for the context for 2024. Trump hasn’t decided/announced his intentions. However if his candidates do well in the midterms, he gains momentum. If he elects not to run, his legacy is available to his preferred candidate. Pompeo has the Abraham accords, the China tariffs and the withdrawal from the Iran deal and the climate accords. The downsides resulting from the Democrats’ prior and subsequent policy is an easy elevator speech.  Desantis has the parents rights issues and his Covid performance. Both of these guys can defang Trump in the Republican qualifying heats perhaps, if he chooses to run.

The democrats, Biden?  Harris?  Buttigeg?  Sanders?  Doesn’t their legacy disqualify them?

And then there’s Trump. I’d be interested in understanding why the people at dinner concluded he can’t put the lie to the democrats attempts to brand him. The January 6 fools/folks have turned to the DoJ to beg them to indict because they’ve got nothing. Durham and the Delaware guy don’t seem to be similarly limited. And look back 12 years. Who in your memory, Biden excluded has put up a worse record at the first midterms than Obama. He got killed in a landslide in 2010. He got killed in the first debate before Romney went on vacation. Trump will have a policy record to run on, he will have the momentum from the midterms, he might have successful criminal prosecutions of some who wronged him, and he’s got two years to rebrand and soften the edges.

2024 brings Trump policies back no matter who the standard bearer is.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Participant

He’s still better than any career politician out there. We were all better off under him despite the nonstop attempts to delegitimize his Presidency. F the career politicians, they all suck, and the world and our quality of living has deteriorated since this senile fool was pushed into office by all the gutless fucks who switched over to vote against Trump. I challenge any of you to tell me how life is better here or abroad under the fucktards and their leader Biden.

I don’t disagree, believe me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.