I had no idea.

Homepage Forums Current Events Board I had no idea.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Just went to the cardboard for the first time in who knows how long and came across the post about the demise of thunderdome.

two reactions:  I did realize that this group has a few trump cultists.  And, I did not realize that we are a bunch of racists.  Had no idea that folds like BC had run away because of that.

edit:  it was also sad to see the list of old posters who had died. I have tongue in cheek asked where’s Dennis a number of times and had never realized he passed away.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by LegendLegend.

johnnyo53johnnyo53
      Participant

I SUPPORT TRUMP BECAUSE HE WAS THE ONLY CHOICE AVAILABLE TO ME LAST TIME AND THIS TIME WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVES IN AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM, AND MORE ACCOUNTABILITY FROM OUR ALLIES AND ECONOMIC FREEDOM IF NOT FREE ENTERPRISE. IF THAT MAKES ME A CULT MEMBER F THEM, LOOK AT THEIR INBRED CULT ON THE CARDBOARD. THEY ARE TOTALITARIAN CENSORS WITH THEIR ON PREJUDICES. TDOME WAS MORE EGALITARIAN THAN THEY WILL EVER BE, F THEIR FEELINGS, SNOWFLAKES ARE FASCIST PUSSIES. HAPPY 4TH TO YOU ALL.

“I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I

Participant

Boo hoo. You were mauled, beaten, pummeled and drawn and quartered.

That said, Happy Fourth you cult follower!

Rocky17Rocky17
      Participant

Notable that they will allow negative and cynical things said about conservative posters and paint them all with the broadest of brushes as misogynists, racists, homophobes and the like.  Yet, terrorist groups who break laws, kill people, destroy property and all manner of other crimes are lionized and tolerated.

Someone should remind the under 40 crowd upon whose principles this country was founded, prospered and survived for over 250 years.  It wasn’t those of the latter group.  That said, we who support Trump this time around do not do so out of love of his personal characteristics but out of support for what has made this country grow and prosper.  If the Dems win the whole shebang, we are screwed, blued and tattooed to be simplistic.  Hatred of Trump is not an intelligent rationale for destroying the nation’s successful culture.  There have been many things to be ashamed of in our history but if one were a person of color and given a choice to live in any country in any decade in the worlds history, I tend to think present day US would win in a landslide.

The choice the malleable and controllable shell Biden offers is really a vessel to be filled with the wish list of AOC, Pelosi, Schiff, Talib et. al.  The policies will not be altruistic or designed to improve our lives and lot but will be designed as was Obamacare as a means to assert more centralized control over our lives.  The obtainment of more power.  It is a simple goal and we are in dire straits and hanging by a thread over that reality.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Rocky17Rocky17.
      Rocky17Rocky17
      Participant

Legend, I went over to the Cardboard because of this thread for the first time in about a year and a half and found the thread you referred to.

First, let me say that I have never seen or read a racist post on T-Dome or the CEB in 20 years.  Akiddoc apparently thinks we had many, myself most likely included.  What is really a pile of manure is Topcamera posting over there that I made an anti semitic post at one time.  I remember the post and it was nothing like that and meant as humor in response to one of his many thousand attempts at  his own humor, many of which have always been in bad taste but tolerated because it is TDome. Hundreds of his posts could outlandishly have been interpreted as malicious but I and others knew better.  Apparently I was never afforded the same leeway. Under his pseudonym Phogge, he specifically referenced me as saying something I should not have said about BLM in the current environment as not a smart thing to do.  Since when are we as Americans supposed to be limited by PC to not telling the truth?

In any event event, anyone who wants to call me or anyone else that I know on this board an antisemite or a racist should do so in person.  My life history and friendships are exemplary in that regard and it takes a sick person to make that accusation out of whole cloth.  There will come a day when we all are judged.

And no one was banned from TDome that I was aware of as they are asserting over there.  I certainly was not.  I just could not tolerate censorship and the limitation on freedom of speech.

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

I think akiddoc was referring to frick and frack, aka cardforevermore and fooff, who on multiple occasions posted some pretty racist and offensive stuff.

That said, the cardboard is a echo chamber worse than t-dome was. I got booted from the Covid board because I didn’t buy the crap the were shoveling.

Participant

The person who posted above,  is referring to a rank “joke” about transporting two attorneys to Dachau or Belsen or whatever camp. All I asked was for the person to apologize for the joke. But he was possibly too arrogant, or too proud or possibly a bigot and he/she refused. At that point I stopped communicating with the person. IDGAF about his/hers politics and he could have been big enough to say “oops.”

So he keeps trying to communicate. Who cares? The person has done noble work with his grandchildren and I admire him for it. But I have plenty of friends and I do not want any friends who make jokes about the Holocaust. Too many Jewish ex-girlfriends, Jewish guys I played with and fought with and shook hands with in our Sunset District streets and the many Death Camp survivors who I have had the privilege to work with and photograph in 52 years in the Film Industry to stomach “jokes” like the one on TDome.

Done with this fellow and this topic.

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Missed the Holocaust topic. Agree that it isn’t a joking matter.

Participant

Ok gents. First happy fourth to all.

The woke hypocrites that Legend refers to have a simplistic view of things:

T Dome all old white guys. Guilty

T Dome, most of us are right of center. Guilty.

T Dome some of us defend and Most of us agree with the Orange one. Guilty.

T Dome, most of us believe in America’s exceptionalism. Guilty.

Irreverence is a trait that is appreciated in the Dome. Guilty

Crimson is correct. The two posters ( I think it is the same guy, but I digress) he mentions were out of line a couple of times. Most of us ignored them anyway and it was Doc’ s prerogative to keep them were he so inclined. Still,  I refuse to be defined by people who post on the same board. That is hogwash and BC/ Akidoc should be smarter than that.

Participant

One more thing, I followed the Rocky/TC conflagration. For you moderating Legend.

Rocky said something about Zucker at CNN. He actually used an obscure concentration camp so by ignorance I moved on. And I knew the Rock was not an anti Semite in his heart. But TC and Rosco objected to the post and Rocky went on hiatus for a while. Now, we are back here as a big happy family.

Rocky17Rocky17
      Participant

I posted a very long post regarding Topcamera/Phogge’s history of posts referencing homophobia, female anatomy, race and all manner of other topics yesterday  He posted another one yesterday which instigated my response about his gross reference to female genitalia.  Legend removed his post but also my response which basically asked why a reference to German concentration camps automatically in one man’s feeble mind would engender a dastardly and unsubstantiated claim about antisemitism or bigotry knowing he is 3000 miles away while feigning immunity from racism, sexism, misogyny,homophobia and all manner of other views which some could interpret from his consistent history of posts in bad taste.  He even made the same claim on the Cardboard. I have always felt no one on this board despite the jokes was any of those things including the guy I reference above but to claim such about one man, myself, for one post is inherently unfair nee ridiculous, petty and vindictive. It was TDome which was established for exactly that purpose and was dominated by only about 15-20 people until the CEB on the Bootleg was shut down. I asked in the censored post yesterday what his own wife might interpret from his compendium of posts if she did not know the author.  We are talking about hundreds of such over 20 years and I can provide copies to her or anyone else.  No one including myself ever accused him of racism, sexism, homophobia and the like for his efforts although an outsider might interpret such very easily.  My post about the two German concentration camps was actually a condemnation of the behavior of someone or other who made unfair reference to someone else’s statements or actions (maybe Jeff Zucker) and I posed the hypothetical that maybe (he) they should have been residents of those concentration camps and would change (he) their point of view.  My intent was actually 180 degrees opposite of the accusation. The protagonist above asked for an apology from me many times over a period of weeks both on the board and in private conversation and I would not do so because such was totally unnecessary since no offense was made except in the mind which can only be described kindly as residing outside the mainstream of interpretation. Only a petty mind with an agenda would make such an accusation and I do not intend to drop it at this point in time given what has transpired here and on the Cardboard which I knew nothing about until yesterday since I do not access that site or post there.  Hating Trump is one’s right and privilege under the Constitution but slandering others who have a different view is not anyone`s right or privilege.  A line has been crossed.

I am through with this board because of that censorship yesterday but not nearly finished with this situation.

(I have edited this post many times because it is my last one and I had things to say but I have one final thought.  TC has been a friend for many years both on the Bootleg and in real life.  We have shared tailgates and even dinner.  He has been invited to my home although he never made it.  I had great respect for him and valued his friendship.  What he has done has been very hurtful on a personal level but one never knows what goes on inside someone`s mind as time goes on.  While we in our extended household are baffled by his behavior, we will accept his transformation as a fait accompli and move on)

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

If you think you are seeing censorship on this site, you aren’t.

I have never removed a post.  One poster has leveled that accusation both in private and in public and I have responded in private and in public that I am not censoring posts.  If something was removed it was done either by the poster of by some nuance to the board software that I’m not aware of.

I do reserve the right to remove whiny personal victim hood posts and other posts if this cat fight gets out of hand or if one of you turns into foof.

Maybe my thought of attracting the few thoughtful CEB posters will in fact turn into just another lord of the flies website.  I sure hope not.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

I hope Rocky considers your input. This is an open forum, devoid of corporate virtue signaling. I’d be sorry to see him go. He is well read and shares the fruits of his labor.

T. C. Is the “Trump” of the Thunderdome centerists. He interjects his safe middle of the road opinions with the occasional personal invective to demonstrate commitment. I find that amusing.

We need a Rodney King moment.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
        Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

I view this place like stone soup. Everybody brings a little bit of something.  Some of it crazy, most of it smart. Some with invective and some with inquiry.  We need perspectives from across the spectrum, and the backbone for them to talk to each other. Roscoe and TC bring the spice and the willingness to call people out. Doc does the same. Gr brings the professorship. Mick brings…well, mick. Bob, cc, etc etc etc.

opinions are and should be welcome.  Comparisons to historical events should be too.

and, while I view holocaust jokes as being generally beyond the pale, I like a good female genitalia reference.  They aren’t as common as they used to be.  (The references, not the genitalia)

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Before Rocky leaves, I will just ask him to click the link below (response #1013)  and let us all know if this was his “censored” post that was “removed.”

and, if so, I can only say:  lighten up Francis.

You were referencing posts in a different thread and could have looked up your history on your own before complaining about censorship and removal.  If you need to leave the board, then leave, but don’t take so many posts to explain why.  I value your contributions but I think you are seeing censorship ghosts too often right now.

I have never met you but hear you are a lovable little guy in person. Now how about taking your fun sized self and having some fun mixing it up here. Huh?

See ya, Rhett.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by LegendLegend.

Participant

Wow. I think we all are caught in a vortex right now. Covid, BLM and ….. crappy football from an under-recruited team and a staff that has gone stale in its duties to the school and its deteriorating fan base.

I do think we can be civil even if a bit unfriendly. Example: Doc and I kid each other with a touch of actual disgust for the other’s beliefs. My relationship with him is different (and blaming Cardinalli for getting blown out, slaughtered and burnt at the stake is beneath him) and mostly two dads’ speaking about their kids. A wonderful father even in ALL CAPS.

Truthfully I am probably guilty of posting some things in bad taste… maybe not Double Secret Probation-grade but I will watch it in the future.

I am grateful to PL for putting this together to keep the club going. Nobody should take a hike while we feel this out over the near future. And nobody should be scared to sear anybody as long as it doesn’t come to Colts on Mainstreet at High Noon.

Finally, if and when this horror ends, all who can should come with me to San Juan and take Coach McGrath to lunch.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.