Nearly every Covid death preventable. Why is the Biden Admin getting a pass?

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Nearly every Covid death preventable. Why is the Biden Admin getting a pass?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

CDC director says nearly every Covid death is now preventable. Why isn’t the Biden Admin doing more to save lives and why isn’t the press criticizing them for their failures? They also going to miss the vaccine target Biden himself set for July 4th. . . .

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/23/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/06/22/white-house-vaccination-goal/

BeyondThunderdomeBeyondThunderdome
      Participant

A strong plurality of those yet to be vaccinated are Republicans. And a strong majority of those who say they will never get the vaccine are Republicans. Maybe Biden can reach some of the rest, but even if he shows more leadership on this issue I would bet a lot of money those Republicans would be even less likely to listen. Some of these folks are unreachable at this point, except perhaps by one of their cult leaders. But as we recall, Trump did his best to keep quiet that he even got the vaccine. Hopefully other conservatives are stepping up.

KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: Profile Of The Unvaccinated

NO MALARKEY

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
        Participant

God bless you. Glad you found a way to make it Trump’s fault. Biden missed HIS goal, knowing full well the lay of the land. Yet it’s still Trump’s fault.

Glad you and the MSM have Biden’s back.

And oh by the way. Trump had Covid. Can you share the science of why he should have been vaccinated? I’ve yet to see any. . . .

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by cardcrimsoncardcrimson.
      Participant

Trump is still the leader of the Republicans. If you don’t see that you’re not paying attention. I’m not going to pretend he doesn’t exist while GOP figures like McCarthy are still paying obeisance to him. And I have no idea why he got vaccinated, but I do have a good idea why he kept it quiet.

You’re welcome to address my main point- that anti-vaxxers tend to be Republicans. The idea that Biden is somehow at fault for this, by your implication, seems absurd.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/04/republicans-anti-vaccine-herd-immunity

NO MALARKEY

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

BTD, you are the poster child for the fundamental issue highlighted by General Honore.  You’re stuck on stupid.  Presenting a NARRATIVE from Vanity Fair…sort of like the dossier, the insurrection, the abandonment of the Kurds, Russian disinformation as the source for the Biden laptop…instead of facts from the CDC.  Here are the facts:

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity

These statistics are current.  They are from an organization tasked to achieve “equity” in vaccine distribution.  They show unequivocally that vaccination rates lag in black and hispanic populations in spite of effort and EXPENSE directed at equity.  Perhaps we can call the Biden equity programs as “much ado about nothing” if we consider the results?  The administration was GIVEN three viable vaccines, by Trump, right?  They have failed to meet their own goals for pokes in arms.  They have underserved their own voters.  Amongst honkeys, the demographic that lags in vaccination uptake is the young, under 29 I believe.  They vote democrat too, no?

If I believe your Vanity Fair BS, I’m left to conclude that the black and hispanic communities are bastions of republican voters?  Yea, that’s right.  Perhaps you or Vanity Fair can square this circle for me.  Or perhaps you’re simply spreading more bull shit hoping there are enough fools here to accept your gift and say thank you?  It begs the question, do you actually believe what you’re being fed by the media?  After the last four years?  Get help my friend.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
        Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Participant

RJ, you apparently didn’t read my first link above. It was published by the same folks that published your link (KFF). Race doesn’t tell the full story as nearly a third of Hispanics and black voters are Trump voters. So they also looked at identification of the unvaccinated by political party.

I also mentioned the plurality and majority were Republican. Never claimed there were no Democrats.

I do find it ironic that you of all people accuse me of being partisan when you haven’t posted a single non-partisan comment in decades.

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.

NO MALARKEY

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
            Participant

Wait. What? Nearly a third of Hispanic and Black voters voted for Trump? If that is indeed the case, how did he lose the election with unprecedented support like that?

Oh wait, nevermind.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
            Participant

Acknowledging the redundancy, card crimson is correct, you’re being generous with your estimates of Trump support in the Black community. You know it. I know it.

And I have to ask, did you read your link?  22% of the unvaccinated sample failed to identify their party affiliations. So tell me, how does The Atlantic conclude that it is Republicans who aren’t electing to get Vaccinated?  This narrative directly conflicts with the facts about age and ethnicity that also appears in YOUR link. The anti Vaxers are younger, ethnic and uneducated.  If you question their political affiliation, check with Stacy Abrams  or check with Zuckerberg’s PAC.  They concentrated their money on these populations, no?

I’m not being partisan in this case or most others. But I do insist on facts not bull shit. You should try it. It beats the hell out of  Biden and Harris and AOC and Omar and Talib and Pierre Dilecto.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
            Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
        Participant

Just this morning had a conversation with a fellow dog walker. He was stunned that  here in the Peoples Republic of California, lots of folks, and mostly Dems of course, refuse to be vaccinated. If you want to look to point fingers, look to celebs like Jenny McCarthy who have been pushing the anti-vax agenda for years.

And you still have yet to answer the question. Biden is failing on his promises. Why the free pass?

Participant

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/childhood-vaccination-programs-should-be-exempt-political-bias

12% of anti-Vaxxers are liberal, 10% are conservative say multiple studies…

Participant

Some thoughts.

1.  Anti-Vaxxers are a small subset of people who are against any vaccinations.

2.   Being cautious about taking a novel Covid vaccine is something entirely different.  The decision is based on science.  Not enough data yet on a disease that was manufactured in a lab possibly for biological warfare.  Not enough data yet on a vaccine that was pronounced safe in a matter of months without the usual trial protocols.  So people are wisely taking a wait and see position.  I’m fine with that and respect the position.  They are not Anti-Vaxxers.

3.   The political calculation is false.   The many people who I know that have put off getting the vaccine are liberal voters.  Some are being shunned by family and friends.  Shame on them.  I greatly respect the position of these people.

4.  If I were a young woman of child bearing age I would put off getting the vaccine until more data were available.  There is risk to getting the vaccine with little to no reward.

5.  Skin in the game.  Who has skin in this game?   If the vaccine goes sideways for someone (death or worse) do you have redress?  If you are forced to have your  child get the vaccine in order to be allowed in class ,when they have zero chance of morbidity, can you seek damages?   If you have an infant and are forced by public health officials get the child vaccinated and it backfires what happens?  You lose the child the officials shrug their shoulders and walk away?   Exactly who’s skin is in the game?  That is the Big Tell to me.

6.  The press is incapable of clear and unbiased reporting on the science of anything which clouds the picture even more.

7.  Does anyone trust public health officials and politicians anymore after their dreadful performance in both preparation and management of this crisis.  If it was a crisis?

Participant

Neo, to your point number 3.  Most of my friends are republican.  Every one of them is vaccinated.

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

It is not rational to avoid Covid vaccination at this point. It literally is life insurance.

however, the populations that are against vaccination tend to have reasons if not good ones.  Very few of those reasons are “Republican” or “democrat” reasons.  They are “Tuskegee experiment” or “government skepticism” reasons. That’s not to say that those are good reasons, but they certainly aren’t just political party reasons.

there’s a healthy proportion of the population in the U.S. that will refuse to comply with the government’s suggestions for the mere reason of it being the government’s suggestions.  I say that’s actually on balance a good thing (‘Merica), but not in the case of Covid vax.

Participant

“It is not rational to avoid Covid vaccination at this point. It literally is life insurance.”

Easy to say if you have no skin in the game but it is far too early to draw that conclusion.  5000 people have died with the jab.

What would you do if forced to have your infant vaxed against your will and best judgement?  Or you are a young woman concerned about reproductive consequences yet undetermined?  Or are concerned about blood clots in the spleen as my sister in law had  after her stick.

If I were young I would not get it.  I’d go herd.

LegendLegend
        Keymaster

[quote quote=4890]“It is not rational to avoid Covid vaccination at this point. It literally is life insurance.” Easy to say if you have no skin in the game but it is far too early to draw that conclusion. 5000 people have died with the jab. What would you do if forced to have your infant vaxed against your will and best judgement? Or you are a young woman concerned about reproductive consequences yet undetermined? Or are concerned about blood clots in the spleen as my sister in law had after her stick. If I were young I would not get it. I’d go herd.[/quote]

Oh I fully think it’s a choice. I don’t think the gubment ought to force it. That’s why I used the word “suggestion” in my post, which is what the vax goals and ads are.

I don’t believe the government should force it at all, but also think saying things like 5,000 people have died from the vax is needless “information.”  It instills fear in the statistically challenged…At this point well over a thousand people a day are NOT dying because of the vaccines.

Are there real child or reproductive concerns, or are those things made up?  I have seen some inflammation concerns w kids, but as a father with three of four kids vaccinated (between ages 12 and 17, perhaps you would consider that “skin in the game”), you can see where I stand.

This vaccine is essentially a godsend. I don’t mind if people choose not to take it, but as for me and my house…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by LegendLegend.

Participant

99.2 Percent of All U.S. Covid Deaths Are Unvaccinated, New Analysis Shows

About 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.