Black White relations are at a 20 year low

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Black White relations are at a 20 year low

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I would think it goes without saying. I wonder what this portends for the Presidential race?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/318851/perceptions-white-black-relations-sink-new-low.aspx

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

I don’t know. I’m just an old fat white guy and I have found that in the last few months I have had more good conversations on race with friends who happen to be black than I had in years before.

I’m probably the exception. I know.

johnnyo53johnnyo53
      Participant

IT’S A BS POLL. BUT I PROMISE YOU THERE ARE PLENTY OF BROWN AND YELLOW VOTERS WHO WILL VOTE FOR TRUMP BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BUSY WINNING TO BE RIOTING.

“I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I

Rocky17Rocky17
      Participant

I disagree completely. This kind of poll ALWAYS comes out at election time because Dems have zero good reasons to convince black voters to continue to support them.  Their only claim is that if you are not a Dem you are a racist therefore vote for us.  I would hope that people of any minority would wake up before election time and realize that the Dems have never had a policy or policies similar to Trump`s and other republicans that would provide an inroad to economic parity or parity itself.

I would and could declare confidently that 99.99% of caucasian people have not had their views on racial relations change one iota for years and that there are as many racists of color percentage wise as caucasians.  It is a phony canard and an election ploy of long standing and ill repute.

Participant

Assuming the poll is accurate, it is another data point proving 60 years of social engineering has failed.

Participant

[quote quote=2341]Assuming the poll is accurate, it is another data point proving 60 years of social engineering has failed.[/quote]

bingo BD.

Also, if people are told every day, this a racist country, and we are all guilty and responsible for every bad thing that happens to people of color, then we might start thinking relations are tense.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Avatargpn38.
        rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

GPN38, Mick, each day there seems to be increasing evidence that we are in fact subject to a racist political class.  Further, it is increasingly clear that one of our major parties is not only embracing said racism, but they are reaching out actively to build coalitions with racists elements.  I can only hope this is the result of a morally bankrupt “win at all costs” mind set that will be rejected by the electorate.  I honestly can’t imagine how these interactions can be explained away and I hope the candidates who have embraced this crap are dead politicians walking.

How can Joe rationalize taking a meeting with a Farrahkan supporter? An anti semite?

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
        Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.