Tesla to lay off 9% of staff

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Tesla to lay off 9% of staff

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Tesla is an interesting company with a lunatic for a leader. It also might be the biggest fundraising scheme in the history of the world.

Today, they announced that they will cut 9% of salaried workers. Is it the beginning of the end?

Your link

I confess, I have driven a Model S and appreciate the experience. It’s a cool product, but I don’t see how the economics will ever work for Tesla.

I also think the lifecycle costs of the cars are going to come back to bite those who buy them.

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

“Profit is obviously not what motivates us.”

Said no public company CEO until now. Musk in his internal memo, subsequently posted (by him) to Twitter.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1006597562156003328/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motortrend.com%2Fnews%2Ftesla-slashes-9-percent-workforce%2F

whocareswhocares
      Participant

I think the Model 3 production problems are creating a real cash crunch for the company.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just think it's cute that you think yours really matters.

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

[quote quote=92]I think the Model 3 production problems are creating a real cash crunch for the company.[/quote]

You “think?”

The smart money says they need to raise somewhere from $2 to $10 BILLION dollars to get over the hump. Of course the demented CEO Musk denies it.

That guy has balls the size of grapefruits.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.