What/Is there a basis for a deal?

Homepage Forums Current Events Board What/Is there a basis for a deal?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/02/russias-sberbank-collapses-95percent-on-london-exchange-as-it-exits-europe.html

With foreign currency reserves equal to 15% of GDP, it would seem Putin has a pretty unique opportunity to insulate Russians from the impact of the sanctions to some degree while consolidating centralized control of the productive assets in the economy…provided he can access those reserves. However top heavy cronyism for political stability could be problematic?

Seems there should be the basis for a deal, but some of the principles are likely to overplay their hands sticking innocents with the price of their intransigence?  $115/bbl oil is but one issue that folks currently believe can be largely ignored…30 million bbl’s of oil released from the SPR?  Some things will no doubt play out in slow motion.

Where do China’s interests lie?  How might they try to further their interests?

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

BeyondThunderdomeBeyondThunderdome
      Participant

My guess: I think China will rape Russia economically. Russia has been “cancelled” by the west and isolated economically, so China will seize their opportunity.

NO MALARKEY

Participant

My guess: I think China will rape Russia economically. Russia has been “cancelled” by the west and isolated economically, so China will seize their opportunity.

The Chinese are not ones to ever let a good crisis go to waste…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.