Who knew? Police dogs are racist, too. . . .

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Who knew? Police dogs are racist, too. . . .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant
      LegendLegend
      Keymaster

This one looks less like a joke and more like a sad circumstance.  Guy had a restraining order put in place by his wife last year, then they reconciled without having the judge dismiss the order.

There’s probably more to the backstory, but the officer ordering the dog to bite strikes me as use of force that should be questioned. A true dog bite is a fantastically destructive thing.

Nothing racial at all.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

Just as in warfare, there is a continuum of force in policing. We’ve already discussed the use  of nuclear weapons to end WW II.

We’ve seen a range of force in law enforcement over the last three months; from retreat, to stand down, to tasers, to lethal, to intentional. So where do you put K-9 units?

Fido behaved poorly in this case it appears. But I suspect deployment of dogs generally leads to preferred outcomes and reduce risks to suspects and officers both.

Review the K-9 training and move on. Much ado about nothing.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
        Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

LegendLegend
          Keymaster

Agree with you bob.  I suspect dog attack is somewhere between choke hold and gunshot.

its probably beyond taser too.

FratBoySpikeFratBoySpike
      Participant

There is a reason they train police dogs to speak German!

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." - Charles Bukowski

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.