A little John Durham news

Homepage Forums Current Events Board A little John Durham news

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Interviewed former FBI attorney James Baker after the Yates testimony.  Wants to talk with Brennan.

Durham is running a grand jury with almost no leaks.  No one knows anything about where he is heading.  But the clock is ticking now.

Barr was  asked by Congresswoman Debbie Marcasal if he would commit to not releasing any report prior to the election.  Barr said no.The Justice Dept prohibits prosecutors from taking steps in politically charged cases 60 days prior to the election or less.

Durham has a year and a half of work in and a Biden win cancels it.  Not going to happen.  I’d say Durham becomes a very important figure within 3 weeks.  Somethings brewing.

Participant

Barr and Durham strike me like the kind of guys who will do the Right thing no matter who wins or loses. My partisan self hopes this thing unfolds before the required 60 day moratorium.As this was an egregious politicizing of one of our most cherished institutions. But if it doesn’t I will respect the protagonists as compared to Comey, Yates, McCabe etc… And Biden/Harris will bury the story were  they to win in Nov.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

[quote quote=1979]Somethings brewing.[/quote]

No surprise here. This is choreographed and timed by the Orange re-election effort. Their only risk is under-delivery.

The report best make good use of the term, “unindicted co-conspirator.”

It will be interesting to see who has flipped and accepted a plea deal. How much of the case is predicated on hard evidence and how much on “purchased” testimony. If the documents released to date are any indication, FBI, DoS & DoJ participants were not too concerned about a “paper“ trail.

As in the Judge Sullivan matter, next comes a windfall for the DC legal community. Would a Biden presidency be able to dismiss filed cases?

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Rocky17Rocky17
      Participant

Disagree strongly.  Trump has zero control over Durham and Barr and would be the definitive loser if he tried.  This isn’t the previous administration.  they will do what they think is right.  I only wish they had finished the investigation earlier and indicted anyone and everyone involved in the attempted coup.

Participant

Trump has no control but this is hardball politics (see Willie Horton).  Everyone knows what’s going on and team Trump to include Barr, would love to kick a little ass.  After what Trump was put through, I give everyone a pass on some ass kicking.

The Demo convention starts Monday the 17th ends Thurs 20th.  I’d say a good time to drop a few indictments would be between the 18th and the beginning of the Republican convention starting on the Monday the 24th.  Monday would be perfect.

One can only dream.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by AvatarNeodymium60.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by AvatarNeodymium60.
      Participant

Press conference at 9:00 AM EDT on the 17th for Barr to announce indictments.  If you’re going to dream, dream big. 🙂

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

Watching this play out BD, you must appreciate the power of incumbency.  You have Durham, the Israel/UAE deal, the vaccine/therapeutics development, the unemployment extension, the payroll tax deferral and some green shoots around the economy.

They may not break Orange but he’s got tangible cards to play that run contrary to the hoped for Biden narrative.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
        Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.