Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Only 29% of Dems want Uncle Joe to run again:

full.pdf (nyt.com)

Some good data in this week-old survey.

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

And 100% of Republicans want him to run again. . ..

Participant

Vegas oddsmakers have old Joe not making it to the end of his term.

My bet – a very small wager – is power brokers get Kamala to step down.  Sleepy picks a new VP- Newsome? Klobachur? Booker? and then resigns for health reasons.

Hey, you can’t make this shit up.

Participant

Dawg, the day after Biden took office, I told my brother that he would not finish his term…seems the odds are moving in that direction. But, Harris? Good grief! God help us.

Participant

CPI just came out.   Inflation at 9.1% matching Biden’s approval rating.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

😂

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

Biden will hang on until Jan 20, 2023. Then whoever takes his place, Kamala or Newsom can run as the incumbent and theoretically could hold office for 10 years. . . .

Participant

Kamala Harris is so awful, the Dems will look to a pure politician for redemption, a professional.  In all likelihood, it will be Newsom.  If Harris refuses to step down, he might run against her in the primaries.  Because Joe Biden is doing an awful, terrible, horrible, no-good job. And 82% of Americans think so:

Poll: Just 18% of Americans say Biden should run for reelection in 2024 — a new low (yahoo.com)

Participant

OMG, Newsome would destroy Harris in the primaries.  This is a woman who couldn’t even carry her own state in 3 years ago.

Let her run.  It will be fun to watch.

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

Who would you rather have as President, Harris or Newsom? Harris is completely incompetent and would get nothing accomplished. Newsom on the other hand, could be the final nail in the coffin for the US.

Participant

Biden now below Trump, officially.

Inflation drives President Biden’s approval rating below what it ever was for Donald Trump (msn.com)

And just think how bad it will get when the recession hits…

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

A Herbert Hoover inflection point for democrats?  Left holding the bag for twenty years of mismanagement?

That’s a scary thought.

Participant

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

😂  😂  😂

Seems as though the bar for national leadership has been lowered?  Ben Rhoades identifiedand exploited the decline of the fourth estate.

Participant

OMG, Newsome would destroy Harris in the primaries. This is a woman who couldn’t even carry her own state in 3 years ago.

Let her run. It will be fun to watch.

I think it has to be Newsom.  He can take credit for California, which is superbly successful, huge economy, vast majority of people are in good shape, they can pretend they have the environmental issues figured out, and Newsom is very presentable. His negative issues are comparatively minor (homelessness, California whacko image).  I’m going to assume he’s the one — who else could it be? In the 2020 New Hampshire primary, Kamala Harris received 1/10th of the number of write-in votes for Donald Trump. She got 129 votes out of 153,000. She had far fewer votes than (in order) Klobuchar, Warren, or Gabbard, and only 30 more than Marianne Williamson.  Harris would be a disaster, and every blue voter knows it.

Newsom, on the other hand, he’d be very tough to defeat.

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

I was surprised to see reference to cali being wildly successful here. Pretty much nobody wants to move to california for the policies. They all want the weather and natural beauty.

Any governor of california has the wind at their back. I think Gavin has wildly underperformed as a leader. He is a savvy politician but look who he is related to.

Participant

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Creeping up according to Rasmussen’s tracking poll.  Only down 9 points.

Participant

Creeping up? What is the WH doing well? It’s response to Monkey Pox?

Has everyone just thrown up their hands, saying “whatever”. A few weeks ago sleepy Joe had no control over oil prices.  Now, gas prices have dropped 8 straight weeks thanks to the President’s actions.   Good lord, they must think the American people are as dumb as Kamala.

I’ll ask the question to our little group- What has Biden done right?  Be generous.

Participant

I was surprised to see reference to cali being wildly successful here. Pretty much nobody wants to move to california for the policies. They all want the weather and natural beauty. Any governor of california has the wind at their back. I think Gavin has wildly underperformed as a leader. He is a savvy politician but look who he is related to.

To be clear, I’m referring to the state’s image across the country, not the reality.  People don’t realize that if you cleaved California in two, you’d have both the richest and the poorest states in the country.  What’s been done to rural and agricultural California is heinous.  Rest assured, no one will ever be called to account, least of all Dem politicians.

I think Newsom ends up leading the ticket in two years.

Participant

Like I said, there’s a shift in the vibe.  May or may not affect midterms.  If the so-called Inflation Reduction Act ends up keeping inflation high / forcing the Fed to keep raising rates as I suspect it might (the CBO agrees with me), then this may go down as a self-own.

Participant

Oh, and the Rasmussen tracking poll had only a 47 favorable 52 unfavorable split today.  Way up from the 15-17 percent gaps during the spring.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

From the EIA weekly petroleum status report:

Gasoline stocks decreased 4.6 million barrels from the previous report week; total stocks are 215.7 million barrels.

Demand for gasoline rose 225,000 barrels per day to 9.348 million barrels per day.

Natural Gas

Injections are lagging the five-year average by seven percent, potentially yielding a start-of-withdrawal level of 3.3 Tcf, 367 Bcf below the five-year average. This suggests tighter-than-normal natural gas availability, a bullish price indicator.

The Freeport Louisiana LNG export facility is expected to re-open in October. This could renew export capacity by 17 percent, materially increasing overseas markets adding upward pressure to price. Powerhouse has discussed the implications of growth in European demand several times in the past. The impact remains potentially strong.

We also need to keep in mind that the draining of the SPR will end in October. The Biden administration bull shit should be focused on subjects that won’t reveal their fundamental dishonesty in sixty days, be in the consumer’s face before the midterms. The celebration of gas prices dropping for 45 days is laughable, particularly when they remain significantly higher than January 21, 2022.

How stupid do they think we are?  Perhaps Putin is to be thanked for lowering gas prices…temporarily?

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Joe has the press behind him. The spin has turned to Joe “getting things done” and the pols touting the benefits of solar panel discounts and electric vehicle subsidies to a workforce that is getting slammed with inflation and the specter of a recession.

I’m getting older and have never noticed the cynicism of modern politics like I notice it now. All is theater for the election.  “Inflation Reduction Act” is quite possibly the most cynical legislation name of all time.

Still, the wsj reports that beef prices are falling, and we know that fuel prices have eased somewhat. When 8+% inflation is somehow good news we know the press is in the bag for the Big Guy.

Participant

The banality of evil.   Functionaries in our government, pencil pushers with security clearances, feed the press lies rather than correct the press when they invent lies.  They cannot be fired, controlled or disciplined by voters.  It is the essence of totalitarianism.  The insidious evil rests with the Federal Government.  The press is just a cog in the machinery.

Comey, Peter Strzok, Schiff, Brennan, et al….there is no internal brake on these people.

Participant

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1560614122558996480

I’ll leave this here. No need to comment.

LegendLegend
        Keymaster

How stupid do they think we are, indeed.  Fuel prices go through the roof, and then as they lower we get a “tax cut.”

Participant

https://mobile.twitter.com/nancook/status/1562066995734011905

We’ll see what the parameters are tomorrow, but it isn’t looking good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcGoldwein/status/1562129779326853121

If it is a payroll tax on everyone, it really will be plumbers paying for lawyers.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

I hadn’t followed the story and was amazed at the cost estimates that we’re floating around. Yesterday I read that 43,000,000 individuals might qualify for the program?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.