Palantir HQ moving to Denver

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Palantir HQ moving to Denver

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

“Increasing intolerance and monoculture of Silicon Valley”  Expansion in the future will be in Denver.  No financial incentives offered.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2020/08/19/palantir-peter-thiel-alex-karp-headquarters-denver.html

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

I also note an unwillingness to capitulate when the inmates mistakenly believe they run the asylum.

Politicians/educators/parents should perhaps use this as a case study to hone their messaging when trying to prepare young people for success?

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Participant

Agree. I don’t think companies do this lightly and without incentives from the destination state.

Suspect there might be a little more going on here.

Participant

[quote quote=2149]Agree. I don’t think companies do this lightly and without incentives from the destination state. Suspect there might be a little more going on here.[/quote]

Perhaps the wealth tax was the last straw.

Participant

A number of large law firms have sent their staff to low-compensation areas.  Littler opened a staff facility in Kansas City (was San Francisco).  Orrick was the leader, almost 20 years ago they moved staff to West Virginia.  Someone brought it up when I was with a Detroit firm, but it was pointed out that Detroit was already a low-compensation area, heh heh heh.

Not uncommon at all.  And now that employees can literally be anywhere, I expect more of this.  My son told me his SF apartment rent dropped about 20%.

Participant

Interesting and a little odd as Colorado is also a Blue State now. The lunatics will soon run that state soon. Gun laws are already being tightened.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.