Quinnipiac poll has Biden at 33% approval

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Quinnipiac poll has Biden at 33% approval

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Even worse, just 26% of registered independents – like me – approve of the way he’s handling the job.

Biden’s approval craters at 33% | Daily Mail Online

76% of Dems approve of Biden’s performance, as do 3% of Republicans.

The Democratic president is seen in a drastically different light depending on respondents' political affiliation

And they didn’t even ask about the economy….

cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

Stunning the disparity.

Participant

I suppose I don’t understand the 76% who apparently approve of his work.  Highest inflation in 40 years, COVID mismanagement, quality of schools, climate change, lawlessness throughout society, fentanyl epidemic, illegal/undocumenteds, budget deficit, racism, sexism, crumbling infrastructure, massive wealth inequities, etc., etc.

What are they happy about?  What’s going right?  The right and left are very far apart on these issues:

Chart shows Democrats cite several concerns as major problems; Republicans focus on illegal immigration, the deficit

Participant

Mick have you noticed that people once liberal now talk and behave like war mongering neo cons?  And that conservatives now seem like liberals?  It has happened almost overnight. Tucker Carlson has moved way left in many ways.  The NYT is a mouthpiece for the military industrial establishment.  Glen Greenwald talks like conservatives used to.  Musk is what?  A conservative free speech zealot and a global warming hawk?

Polls are not taking this weird shift into account.   I know many people who have radically changed in their views. I don’t recognize them.

It is coming from social media by design I believe.  And I don’t think you can poll it because it’s not issues.  The polls are simply saying what everyone can see.  Joe Biden is horrible.

Participant

Yes, I would agree, and you can put the Drudge Report as the earliest major media change, at least to my knowledge.  And you can add Bill Maher to the list of Lefties moving right in many ways.

Participant

CNN’s own poll has Biden at 39%.  A panel with representatives from CNN, Bloomberg and Time Magazine (so…lefties) stated that Dems are deserting Biden in droves given the poor political leadership and multiple economic disasters and Biden’s rightward tilt to alleviate said disasters (e.g., allowing drilling on Federal land).

CNN panelist blasts Biden: Americans ‘have not had a sense of leadership’ since last summer (msn.com)

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

Meanwhile, the Minority Leadership in the House, Fred “Paul Ryan” Upton puts the cards face up on the table. Absent a significant majority, republicans will find it hard to legislate as it is necessary to marginalize/ignore/put the lie to their more rightward members.  Yea Party part deux?

Upton can permit them to lie to their voters in order to win a majority as long as he can isolate them from participating in the governing process.

But hey Freddy, let’s run on that America First agenda…snicker, wink & fingers crossed.  At least Biden tried to follow his campaign commitments.

https://thehill.com/news/sunday-talk-shows/3271037-upton-says-it-will-be-hard-to-govern-if-gop-doesnt-nab-big-house-majority/amp/

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Participant

[quote quote=5998]Meanwhile, the Minority Leadership in the House, Fred “Paul Ryan” Upton puts the cards face up on the table. Absent a significant majority, republicans will find it hard to legislate as it is necessary to marginalize/ignore/put the lie to their more rightward members. Yea Party part deux? Upton can permit them to lie to their voters in order to win a majority as long as he can isolate them from participating in the governing process. But hey Freddy, let’s run on that America First agenda…snicker, wink & fingers crossed. At least Biden tried to follow his campaign commitments. https://thehill.com/news/sunday-talk-shows/3271037-upton-says-it-will-be-hard-to-govern-if-gop-doesnt-nab-big-house-majority/amp/[/quote]

Bob, Upton is simply stating a fact proven daily in the House.  As for Biden, he is adrift on a stormy ocean in a leaky boat with one oar.

Participant

Dawg, it is even worse. Sure, he has one oar…but he is using the wrong end of the oar.

Participant

At least Biden tried to follow his campaign commitments.

I thought, and forgive me if I’m completely incorrect, that Biden ran and won by promising to be a moderate, but since the election has gone further left than “liberal” and has attempted to execute on the Progressive agenda.  Am I wrong?  Or were you being sarcastic?

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

Bob, Upton is simply stating a fact proven daily in the House.  As for Biden, he is adrift on a stormy ocean in a leaky boat with one oar.

Biden ran and won by promising to be a moderate, but since the election has gone further left than “liberal” and has attempted to execute on the Progressive agenda.

BD, personally, I think Upton is simply wrong with respect to how our government should work. He’s hoping for circumstances that would permit the furtherance of his preferred policy outcomes without compromise. That’s his preference, certainly not what’s best.

The “contra Upton” has played out over the last 15 months. Progressives and moderates couldn’t make a deal. Progressives put the Biden Agenda on hold by linking infrastructure and BBB.  Manchin said thank you, no. They had to deal. I don’t like what we got, nor do the progressives, nor does Manchin. But Congress had to make decisions affirmatively.

So Upton would be forced to deal with “his guys” instead of simply ignoring them?  Tough luck Fred. If you’d prefer…do nothing if you don’t have the requisite skills to negotiate a compromise. There’s plenty of right wingers and “Manchins” to engage with. DO YOUR JOB. Don’t blame voters/districts IN ADVANCE for your inability to succeed.

As to Biden, he paid lip service to many things including killing oil, opening borders, ridiculous self financing spending, ten years of revenue compared to three years of spending, reestablishing our respected leadership in the world and unity?  He’s delivered incompetence. At the end of the day, that’s the one promise he skillfully avoided disclosing.

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
      Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

Participant

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/status/1516461120382513153

Only 8% underwater in this tracking poll. Comeback!

Participant

Biden approval now down to 29%.  Only 2 in 10 American adults think the country is moving in the right direction.

Biden’s approval dips to lowest of presidency: AP-NORC poll | AP News

Participant
      Participant

Biden approval less than Trump’s, May 20; FiveThirtyEight:

Joe Biden’s Approval Rating Sinks Below Donald Trump’s (newsweek.com)

Biden approval new low, 37%; Deseret News, AP NORC Center for Public Research, Democrat approval less than 73%:

Biden approval rating: War in Ukraine, baby formula shortage lead to new low – Deseret News

Biden approval at 39%, down from a peak of 63%:

Biden’s approval dips to lowest of presidency: AP-NORC poll | AP News

The Big Picture:

Democrats’ midterm anxiety spikes after brutal NBC News poll (axios.com)

Only 1/3rd of Democrats say the country is moving in the right direction, down from 49% in April:

Biden’s Approval Rating Hits Record Low, Poll Finds (forbes.com)

Viewed graphically:

Biden approval polling tracker (reuters.com)

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.