Who Ya Got?

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Who Ya Got?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      cardcrimsoncardcrimson
      Participant

I’ll take the GOP in the House by 25 and the GOP in the Senate by 2.

I’ll also take UTAH by 27 on Saturday and am putting early money on a Haley Gabbard ticket for 2024. Think Newsom will shellac President Harris on the Dems side.

Participant

I’m thinking GOP +5 in the Senate and +35 in the House

😎

johnnyo53johnnyo53
        Participant

I’ll also take Utah by 25 over Shavita

“I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I

Participant

Halley/Gabbard! Would that be like the swimsuit ticket…. 🙂

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

😂😂😂😂😂

Here's a toast with one last pour, may it last forever and a minute more;
        Good fortune seems to you have sung, to live and love way past long

BeyondThunderdomeBeyondThunderdome
      Participant

I don’t know, but I think the Democrats will do better than expected and then the Republicans will refuse to concede and claim “fraud”.

NO MALARKEY

Participant

I know everybody think they know everything.  But the only way you know for sure is if everyone walk  around with who they voted for stamped on their forehead.  Then you do a proper headcount!!  Though I agree with .gov Christie. O’Dea for Colorado!

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

Huh….  I guess the red wave isn’t quite what it was supposed to be.

It always pays to go by the old adage:  “Don’t believe the hype.”

Participant

One good thing is that Trump was diminished a bit, and DeSantis was enhanced.  I’m disappointed, but not devastated.  I just hope Trump stays away from the Georgia runoff.

Participant

[quote quote=6613]One good thing is that Trump was diminished a bit, and DeSantis was enhanced. I’m disappointed, but not devastated. I just hope Trump stays away from the Georgia runoff.[/quote]

Diminished a bit.  Did anyone he endorsed win?  The election deniers got boat raced.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

[quote quote=6610]Huh…. I guess the red wave isn’t quite what it was supposed to be. It always pays to go by the old adage: “Don’t believe the hype.”[/quote]

Welllllll, are we surprised?  The Congressional Districts were just redrawn based on the 2020 census. The pros pissed all over each others shoes hoping to gain an advantage. Can we expect change this cycle?

The red wave was Miami Dade/Florida. Republicans winning in that part of Florida? No democrats holding state wide office? Not since reconstruction?  That’s significant change that is immune to gerrymandering.

rjnwmillrjnwmill
      Participant

Ps:  I read that Republican house candidates received 6 million more votes nationally than their democrat counterparts. Yet relatively few seats flipped.

The power of gerrymandering front and center. Do citizens have a “vote” anymore?

Participant

Ps: I read that Republican house candidates received 6 million more votes nationally than their democrat counterparts. Yet relatively few seats flipped. The power of gerrymandering front and center. Do citizens have a “vote” anymore?

At 10 p.m. Pacific time on November 10, the vote count is:

Republicans, 50,935,540 (52.2%)

Democrats, 45,226,768 (47.8%)

So the Repubs have about 5.7 million votes more than the Dems.

BeyondThunderdomeBeyondThunderdome
      Participant

It turns out there’s an interesting explanation for the popular vote disparity.

In the 2022 election, there were many more uncontested House districts held by Republicans (14) than by Democrats (3). And there were another 10 districts in which the GOP had no major-party opponents, compared with just three for Democrats.
      Thanks to California’s top-two primary system, there are also another six districts in which Democrats have the votes all to themselves, because the two finalists are both Democrats.
      So effectively, there are more than 20 districts in which the GOP could run up the score, compared with a dozen for Democrats.

Excluding these districts, the popular vote apparently would have been much closer.

NO MALARKEY

rjnwmillrjnwmill
        Participant

Perhaps an explanation for two million votes or less?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.