Yet another NorCal departure. This one’s a doozy…

Homepage Forums Current Events Board Yet another NorCal departure. This one’s a doozy…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Larry Ellison is moving Oracle to Nashville.

Oracle Is Moving to Nashville, Founder Larry Ellison Says

And California’s tax base continues to shrink…

LegendLegend
      Keymaster

End of the article says they already moved HQ to Austin in 2020.  Of course I have no idea what that means.  A corporate HQ for a massive company can be 10 people.

I wonder how many employees this pulls out of California?

Participant

[quote quote=8327]End of the article says they already moved HQ to Austin in 2020. Of course I have no idea what that means. A corporate HQ for a massive company can be 10 people. I wonder how many employees this pulls out of California?[/quote]

6500 in Redwood City, about 13.5% of the city’s workforce.  This article goes back a couple of years, but I can’t see where much has changed. https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/west/companies-are-rapidly-leaving-california-study-finds-heres-where-they-are-going/

This is a good source for tracking corporate departures.  https://californiapolicycenter.org/the-california-book-of-exodus/

CEO of Belong, a residential property management company on why its relocating to Miami -“Belong CEO, Ale Resnik, emphasized the cultural fit between Miami and Belong: “Miami represents a glimpse at a possible future of the USA. One that’s multicultural, more pragmatic, and less ideological. This is an ecosystem where consumer tech can blossom.”

More pragmatic and less ideological- sadly wonder if the west cost will ever be described this way.  Not in my lifetime, I’m sure.

Mick1Mick1
        Participant

CEO of Belong, a residential property management company on why its relocating to Miami -“Belong CEO, Ale Resnik, emphasized the cultural fit between Miami and Belong: “Miami represents a glimpse at a possible future of the USA. One that’s multicultural, more pragmatic, and less ideological. This is an ecosystem where consumer tech can blossom.” More pragmatic and less ideological- sadly wonder if the west cost will ever be described this way. Not in my lifetime, I’m sure.

I think we can agree that California is sufficiently multicultural, though on the opposite end of the pragmatic/ideological spectrum relative to Florida. I was just reading that Mrs. Mick’s high school, Lynbrook of San Jose (mascot “Vikings”) is now 93% minority. Also in the Top 10 in California, top 100 nationwide. 85% of students take AP classes.

Three Bay Area high schools make US News’ top 10 in California (msn.com)

Audaces fortuna iuvat

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.