Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Beeg_Dawg
Participant“Research provided by Suozzi’s office estimates that such a tax could raise about $450 billion.”
Paid over 4 years? In total, this won’t even be a belly scratch for Biden’s Budget Busting spending. Certainly is a “nose in the tent” move, and I agree, the push will downward to include a bigger group of “wealthy” taxpayers. Translates into “those who pay taxes will pay more.”
Own a modest home in Cali? Gee, you get to pay another $50k in taxes! How about a novel approach, like cut spending.
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantSuicide. Bullet wound to the back of his head. Multiple stab wounds makes suicide the likely CoD. 🙁
June 4, 2021 at 3:25 pm in reply to: And another scandal about to hit. More cheating in Baseball #4836Beeg_Dawg
Participantmeh.
Baseball. Pine tar, cut balls, vaseline, corked bats and now this.
Cheaters cheating cheaters for over 100 years. Baseball has turned into something less exciting than watching paint dry.
Now women’s beach volleyball…..
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantWhat a laugh. Dems accuse Republicans of being nothing more than mindless Trump sycophants. Strikes me that Dems are rudderless without Trump. No one to hate, no course to steer other than undo everything Trump did.
You’ve forgotten or don’t care how many futile dem investigations of Trump failed to produce anything actionable.
Maybe this is the dems throwing a bone to Bob Mueller. “Bob, you let us down before, but we are going to give you another shot”.
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantI’ve read the Bloomberg article the graphs are based on. I have a difficult time swallowing its analysis when it states the difference in annual rent between Seattle and San Fransisco for a 4 bedroom condo is $7230. Uh, not exactly, unless the comparison is basement condo with vermin compared to a high rise view of Alki Point. $2k/month is more like it.
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantBeeg_Dawg
ParticipantYeah the right call. Now they look like bigger idiots.
Young dawg doesn’t get spun up over much these days, but he was frothing at mouth over this. He went so far as suggest that I not renew football season tix.
Does someone write Bernie’s press releases, or does he use an app?
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantAmateur hackers? I thought this was the work of a group in Russia with links to Putin.
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantI have a feeling of impending doom. What I see is a love child of 1979 inflation and the 2008 housing market crash.
In a couple of months, eviction protection for delinquent renters is going away. If tenants have not been able to pay rent for the last 15 months, where does the money come from now? Liz Warren to the rescue with Rent Forgiveness Program? I smell another multi-trillion $$ bailout coming.
Steel prices are skyrocketing. Yacht club I belong to has a project on the books to replace wooden bull rails on our guest dock with 4×6 galvanized tubular steel. In January, we were quoted $28,550 for materials. We are ready to purchase, and a revised bid was almost $90k, plus the quote was valid for only 24 hours. Analysts at B of A belief this rise is temporary as steel production catches up to demand post pandemic. I wonder….
Yacht club again. We are unable to hire servers or bartenders on the books. Everyone wants to work for cash or Bit Coin. Prices for food are way up, our cost for prime cuts of beef is up almost 50%.
“It’s the economy, stupid!” will be the 2022 election theme. Dem’s are going to find it tough sledding with double digit inflation, an increasingly desperate homeless situation, rising crime rates and no Donald Trump to run against.
Xi Jinping is going to eat our lunch.
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantMrs Dawg would rant about paying taxes on the PPP loan if it were forgiven.
One evening she started again, when I said, “Gee, Hon, I suppose if you won the lottery you wouldn’t take the money because you would have to pay tax on it.”
Not a word since then. Literally, not a word. 🙂
Beeg_Dawg
Participant[quote quote=4703]I can see it now: Disney’s defense: “She was asking for it.” ““You might think I’m ruining the fantasy of it all, but these stories are promoting sexual violence and I would like everyone to be aware of it.”” I bet she’s fun at parties.[/quote]
I want to thank her for the Public Service Announcement. This old dinosaur never caught the violence represented by a kiss in a fairy tale, sealing the destiny of star crossed loves. Who knew….
Curious to know if she were as incensed when Wonder Woman jumps her reincarnated lover – who just happens to be in another guy’s body.
Makes one wonder what her life is like.
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantPay your fair share. Code for “We can’t stop giving away your money”
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantTop legislative priorities.
“Fix” Federal elections
“Fix” the broken judicial system by packing the USSC
“Fix” a bloated out of control federal government by raising taxes.
“Fix” gun violence by regulating gun ownership of over 100M law abiding citizens.
“Fix” the immigration problem by pretending it doesn’t exist.Fix Healthcare? Haven’t got time…..
Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantBut this is different. Being detained in over crowded shelters by the orange man is inhumane. Being detained in over crowded shelters by democrats is compassionate.
April 15, 2021 at 3:46 pm in reply to: Microagressions and outright racism led to my credit card debt. . . . #4634Beeg_Dawg
ParticipantArticles like this will put the Onion out of business.
Great line.
I hope I live long enough to see race stop being used as an excuse for making poor choices. White people make poor choices, and lord knows college students with credit cards can go nuts regardless of color.
Could have been a good life learning moment with the race card.
-
AuthorPosts